About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 17 March 2014

To a Special lady at Ooh La La Creations

Good Morning, Firstly thank you for all your wonderful entries in our Happy Anniversary challenge it was actually my turn to pick the winner and it was a really difficult job I have to tell you. To see if it was you check out the Challenge Blog over at Ooh La La Creations. Whilst you're there why not have a go at our latest Challenge which is .......

To a special Lady 

Having had a dalliance with scrapbooking over the past two challenges I am back to Cards for this one as I needed a card for a dear friends birthday 

I used papers and images from the 'Yesterday's Memories' CD 
You can get your copy from the Ooh La La Creations shop.


One of my favourite things on the Ooh La La CDs is the woven effect paper and I knew I wanted to use it on this card. However because I wanted the soft grey of the American Crafts card I was using to show through I spent around an hour cutting all the little black squares away to leave just the patterned weave. This also had the effect of adding texture to the background of the card. The image is called 'Lady with Roses' and I just know my friend will love the soft pastel tones. I added some tiny pearls to the line of her dress her bow and her earrings, and added three pearls at the top of the image. I matted her onto grey card stock from American Crafts and also matted another piece of patterned paper from the  same design set onto the card to make a further layer. 

The tag is also off the CD and I matted this onto the same grey card stock.

I added a doily, some grey sating ribbon, a pearl flourish - also from the Ooh La La craft shop.

I finished off with three die cut flowers coloured with Promarkers, Vanilla and Blossom. and added pearl centres.

My friend is a very special lady and since we first started writing to each other as pen pals in 1998 she has always been there to share the good and bad times with me. We live on opposite sides of the country and both work so we don't see each other very often, but every time we meet up we just carry on the conversation as if we have not spent months apart.


I am entering this into the following challenge
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes with optional use that bling

9 comments:

  1. She's a lovely image Alli and what delightfully delicate flowers.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card, love the lacy flowers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the addition of the tiny pearls!
    Great work!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card for your friend Alli
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegantly beautiful......very very nice indeed..

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this vintage looking card, Alli!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your special friend will love her card, I really like the pearls & flowers x
    Thank you for joining our challenge (Through the Purple Haze) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful x
    Thank you for joining our challenge (Through the Purple Haze) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and although it took ages cutting out the squares on the weave card it looks to effective!

    Sara, TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete