About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Fab and Funky Christmas

Firstly huge thanks to everyone who entered our Masculine challenge last week. There were some fabulous entries and you can find the winners over on the Fab n Funky challenge blog.

This week as it's the last Wednesday in the month the challenge is Christmas so dust off your Christmas supplies and give it a go not only could you win a prize from our fabulous sponsor


You'll also have a least one more card for your Christmas pile this year.

As always the DT were given some great images to work with and I chose Winter Greetings - The Stockings Were Hung as my image to create a card in non traditional Christmas colours. 


I coloured teh stamp using Sakura glaze pens to give a lovely glossy effect and a subtle sparkle to the outer sentiment ring. I then fussy cut around the stockings and removed the white background. The image was then mounted on a pale turquoise paper and the circle cut round before the whole image was mounted on the bright pink paper and then a different turquoise paper. 

A spot of stickles iridescent glitter on the top of the stockings adds sparkle and there you have it a really quick and easy  card to make.


4 comments:

  1. This is fab Alli I just love the design hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Alli. The Sakura pens and glitter on the stockings add just the right touch. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Alli! The sparkle from pens are a great idea. Love the popped up stockings!
    shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the sparkle that you have used. Thanks for sharing Hugs Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete