About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 3 March 2014

Happy Anniversary at Ooh La La

Good Morning and firstly thank you for all your wonderful entries into the Fashionista challenge as always you can find the winners by going over to http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/. This time it is my turn to choose a theme and as the challenge runs for a fortnight and encompasses what would have been my Mum and Dad's Wedding Anniversary, I have chosen ....

Happy Anniversary

I lost my Mum in 2009 and so don't get to make an anniversary card for both of them any more so I decided that I would again do a scrapbook page of photographs from their wedding and their golden wedding. 

 

I used a plain linen card as the base and chose papers from Yesterday's memories the flowers in the golden vases and from the Sean Jenkins collection the swirl patterned paper, you can buy both these CDs here.


When Mum passed away Dad gave me an old box full of photos including their original wedding album and my favourite picture from that is one of them cutting the cake because it just shows how much in love they were and why they were married for fifty eight years at the time of Mum's passing, I used that as the main focus of the first page and printed off two smaller images also of them cutting the cake. I wanted to try hidden Journalling for this project so used a deep cream card stock which I embossed and then added black pearls to, As a child my  Mum showed me a piece of icing she had saved from her wedding cake I can remember with perfect clarity that it was cream rather than white and had a lovely lattice design piped into it and black pearls studding the edges - quite trendsetting for 1951 when it was made. I don't know what happened to that piece of icing but I can still see it so clearly, which is why I spent hours colouring white pearls with a black marker pen for this project. I stuck the embossed panel down on three sides and was then able to slot the journalling card inside with a tassel to remove it to be read.


I wanted a golden theme as it is after all about their golden wedding anniversary but I also happen to know my Mum carried gold coloured roses on her wedding day so it fitted wonderfully especially as the bouquet is on the table in front of their Wedding cake in this picture. I used a real mix of flowers some were made from heavy weight papers that had been spritzed with twinkling H2O in gold, some from white card that were coloured using various shaded of Golden Brown from the Spectrum Noir range, I also used the same pens to colour some organza flowers in my stash, and added some metal flowers which I got from a wonderful beading site. I added black rhinestone swirls from Ooh La La and these can be bought here.


For the title of the page I cut letters from gold card stock and stuck it on black card before giving it a spritz with the twinkling H2Os. I added two pictures of Mum and Dad cutting their Golden Wedding cake and they look just as much in love as they did fifty years earlier. I made a frame from Martha Stewart paper clay which I coloured using gilding wax and I used this to frame the date. More flowers and swirls of rhinestones were added to finish off. 

It was a wonderful night and Mum and Dad loved it surrounded by family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to capture such special memories Ali.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning creation Alli and lovely memories. So glad your are on the OLL DT. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic Alli! Such great memories in a fantastic LO! I love every little detail of each page!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete