About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Saturday 29 March 2014

A bit of Bingo at Through the Purple Haze

This weeks challenge at Through the Purple haze centres round the bingo grid below



I chose Flowers bling and purple and her is what I have come up with


The papers and image are from the MCS 6th Anniversary CD Elegant Ladies CD. I changed the colour of one of the papers from pale pink to purple using teh MCS graphics programme. The flowers and leaves are hand cut from a MCS paperstash pad and I shaped them using a ball tool. I added some black gemstone flourishes, and the butterflies are made from Martha Stewart Paper Clay aand dusted with cosmic shimmer mica powder and then glazed with glossy accents.





I used the main background paper inside the card as well and used the digital punch option to add the circle that contains teh sentiment to teh right hand page.

I am entering this card in the following challenges






5 comments:

  1. Alli i love the colours they are my favourite! and such a lovely card from a great cd...i love the added flowers ,bling and of course the purple as it brings in different elements to the card. Many thanks for joining us this week at TTPHC and good luck. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absoluely beautiful......i love lilacs and purple so my fav colours too.....just lovely

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card, and I have been so drawn to purple lately! I love all of the little extra touches, they make this card so special. Thanks for joining us at TTPHC. Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the lilacs. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges :)
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete