About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 31 March 2014

For a Child at Ooh La La Creations.

Good Morning everyone, firstly thank you for all your projects last week for a special lady. there were some cgorgeous makes to find out who the winner is check out the blog at Ooh La La Creations.

This week our challenge is

For a Child 

I chose to use the Ooh La La CD 'Nursery Times' for this one

 you can get a copy from teh Ooh La La Creations Shop 




I used a 6x6 card blank to create a simple easel card. The base was covered using a piece of 'page curl' paper from the CD, I love using these style papers from the Ooh La La CDs as the inside of easel cards. I used another paper to cover the front and back of the card from the same CD.

Keeping with the Purple and Yellow of the backing paper inside the card I cut two clock faces one with roman numerals and one with actual numbers from yellow card and then stuck these onto Purple pearlised card. I cut the hands from the purple card and stuck them to the clock face with brads so that the hands will move,

Having printed out the lines from the nursery rhyme I stuck the larger of the clock faces to the front of the card and set the hands to One o'clock. I then added the image topper and used the lines from the nursery rhyme as a stopper for the easel and added the smaller clock face to the base of the card.

3 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic card for our challenge Alli. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatcard Allison, I love the clocks!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli this is awesome, what a fab creation !
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete