About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 11 November 2013

Eighteen Down Six to go

This week at Through the Purple Haze the challenge is to include winter scene with an option of including animals or people.

Whilst at the NEC Hobby crafts show last week I picked up some new toys so wanted to give them a try and came up with this


I started by creating my snow lines on white card using a couple of bits of copier paper torn to make masks and then positioned them with a small gap between and used Versafine 'deep lagoon' to ink through the gap. I then used Versafine Majestic Blue to ink up the Stag Cliff Hanger stamp from Indigo Blu and then masked off the cliff to Leave just the stag and the tree which I stamped in position on my panel. I finished the panel off using a quickie glue pen to underline the snow lines and add rangers crystal distress glitter, and left the panel to dry.

I made the sentiment by masking off the stag and tree and just stamping the cliff part of the stamp and cutting out the greeting section which was mounted on to plain white card stock using foam pads.

I embossed a five and half inch square of white card using the embossing folder that comes free with the ebosser and then mounted this onto royal blue Centura Pearl paper and stuck it to the front of a 6x6 card blank.

The snowflakes were cut from scraps of white card using a Tattered Lace Snowflakes die and then I added more of the distress glitter using a glue pen and left them to dry.

I matted the stag panel onto royal blue Centura Pearl paper and trimmed it to leave a narrow border and stuck it to the card blank off set from the centre then added the greeting and the snowflakes. The finishing touch was a bow tied in organza ribbon and finished with a large gem stone centre. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Winter scenes optional animals or people in it 
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/- V is for Vixen add a reindeer to your design

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card......its very very nice i love it...

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the simple colour scheme.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘V’ challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alli this is totally ACE, the colours, design and image are superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alli, I love this card so much! It's beautifully done!! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card so beautifully done!
    Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the blue - beautiful card for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Ali i am loving the silhouette type stamps this year and blues are definitely in this year as well...i love the ribbon with the sparkle in the middle and the snowflakes are gorgeous. Many thanks for entering our challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges this week .Anita DT. Look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thick this is so very beautiful, the colour is wonderful Thanks for playing along at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card love all the blue thank you for entering TTPH Challenge

    Jacqui dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have created your snow drifts. I have never seen it done that way before. It gives a lovely effect.
    Thank you for joining in at Crafty Hazelnuts Extra this month. Hugs Mrs A. (GDT).

    ReplyDelete