About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Timeless love

The snow here is a great excuse to stay indoors and craft. It also means that I can catch up on my blogging too. I was asked to make a Valentine's card recently for a work colleague for her other half. So nothing too girly but still romantic. Here's the design I cam up with.



I used Kraft card stock as the base and started by decopatching a serviette of a musical score onto the background and left it to one side to dry. I then set to work with my sizzix and embossed a piece of brown paper using the new Papermania chronology triboss clocks folder. I then used Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink in tumbled glass to add colour to the surface I then mounted this onto blue glitter paper and trimmed it to leave a narrow border.. I also die cut the clock face and hands using a Marianne die and the lacty  border to the hearts were cut using a Cheery Lynne Celtic heart die. Finally the letters were cut from blue card stock using a x-cut letters die.

Once my base card was dry I added a panel in blue card stock which was then overlaid using brown glitter card and blue metallic mesh a blue ribbon and mall bow were wrapped around the bottom of this panel.. I also added a small strip if the blue card stock at the top of the card. The embossed panel was added at an angle. and then the clock added. before the words were arranged across the card once stuck down I coated the letters in a layer of stickles iridescent glitter glue.

I added the clock face at the top left and then arranged the three hearts from a topper sheet by Kanban to the right hand side.


I lined the inside of the card with script paper that I had printed from a MCS CD and added more clocks and hearts leaving the large heart on the right side for my colleague to add her own personal message to her loved one.

I am entering this into the following challenge 

http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ - use brown white and blue the hearts have white on them so I hope this qualifies.

http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ bingo challenge die cut/embossing/love


http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.co.uk - Monday challenge Bling it up. 






http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.co.uk - use ribbon and valentines/love

20 comments:

  1. Great card, wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! The colors are wonderful and I love the screw center to the clock! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classic and elegant card! Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the hearts and clock! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card this week at CCCB!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous vintage card Alli, love the colour combo and gorgeous hearts..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun valentine's card with a great unexpected palette! thanks for sharing it with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card; I love all the layers! I found this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Love the hearts and the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card ... just love those hearts! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely, great colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lot of lovely detail on your card. Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.
    Laine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is lovely, love those soft colors, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi; You really make amazing cards; I have seen two already!

    Charlotta / La Vikinga at Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layers...and your sentiment!! Wonderful!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card. I am loving all those layers. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Aud Sentiments Bingo Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Alli,
    Love this card hun, and I think the inside is fab too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete