About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 7 January 2013

Happy Birthday Ooh La La DT Inspiration card

Hello and A Happy New Year to everyone, welcome to the first inspiration card for 2013. I hope you all had a magical Christmas and got lots of wonderful crafting goodies from Santa. We had some really beautiful entries in the last Challenge and the winners can be found on the Ooh La La Creations Challenge blog.. I wanted to create something with glitz and glamour to kick off the New year so here is my card for the New Challenge the theme is 'Happy Birthday'


 

I decided to use the Femme Fatale CD to create this boxed card for an 18th Birthday. 

I started by making the box and used the Glitter Girls box board to create a plain white box, then left it to one side to dry whilst I got to work on the card.

I used a sheet of 300gsm A4 card to make an A5 card blank. Then printed off the black lace backing paper from the CD. To minimise wastage I used My Craft Studio to access the digital punch function. I printed tow two sheets in landscape one with an oval shape punched out on the right hand side of the page and put this to one side for the insert in the card, the other I punched a circle from the right hand side and then split the sheet  down the middle to give the backing paper for the card and box lid.

The image on the card is from the ATC folder on the Femme Fatale CD and I expanded the image and printed two copies onto white card. I used xcut label dies to cut one and the other image I fussy cut the dress from the image and stuck it over the die cut image this gives the illusion of the dress coming out below the background at the bottom. I also added some red stickles to the bodice and a single red gem over the necklace this particular Femme Fatal was wearing to add to the glamour. 


I cut another 'label' using the x-cut die from mirror card using a larger shape and stuck this to mat black card then trimmed around it with scissors to leave a thin black border. The  image was then mounted on this. 

To make the background I layered the lace paper onto mat black card and trimmed to leave a thin border, then stuck this to the front of the card blank and I trimmed it using a peel off edging strip. I added the image sticking it down with the top point just below the edge of the lace paper. 

On the bottom right of the card I added a key which I had recycled from a charity shop Jewellery find and added a bright red ribbon bow to the top. The floral embellishment was made using poppies and roses from Wild Orchid crafts along with some leaves I had die cut from matt black card. I also added some feathers, and a swirl of red pearls. The sentiment was printed on the computer and tucked into the bottom of the arrangement, before adding the black butterfly, I added red gems to form the body. I then added the happy birthday sentiment at the top right hand corner.


I finished the card off by adding the black lace insert.


Once the card was complete my attention returned to the box, I lined the base with a mirror board panel for the card to sit on. Then went to work on the top. I mounted the lace panel with the circle shape onto red mirror card and trimmed around to leave a narrow border I then edged the lace with silver peel off strips. 
I die cut a large circle from black gloss card and stuck this in the centre of the lid to leave a narrow white border. I edged the black circle with peel off strips. I added a die cut key to the circle  and tied a bright red ribbon into a bow.  The floral arrangement was made using Wild Orchid roses and I had these lovely white daisies in my stash. I added feathers, pearls and gems before finishing off with two punched butterflies.

I have submitted this card for assessment as part of my Diploma in Professional Crafting, I have also used it as part of my entry for Card Designer of the Year, as well as entering the following challenges.

http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.co.uk - Celebration
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - use you favourite embellishments - flowers, feathers and the keys
http://simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes linky party

13 comments:

  1. Wow is all I can say! what a fantastic card you have made here. I realy thought that the background paper was real lace. Spotted you on MIM and just had to come right over for a closer look. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card, love the dramatic colour combo, lots of lovely flowers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and elegant, love the red and black.. good luck with your diploma and entry into card designer of the year!!
    Also thank you for sharing this stunning project with us at 'Make it Monday'
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers...these are gorgeous! Your right, glamorous and glitzy! Fabulous! I just love her dress, the layering and all the embellishments!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh la la love the ravishing colors red and black. Totally agree with Sherrie your embellishments are sheer perfection. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card. Really lovely design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Gorgeous!!! Ijust love the layout and all the detail...accents your image so well. Very elegant and lovely gift. Thanks much for entering Penny's Paper-Crafy Challenge this week! Hope to see more of your artwork.
    Manderly
    Penny's DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects! Your details are amazing! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and beautiful card thank you for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card and Box. I saw these on MIM..loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card and colors. I saw this on MIM..faye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alli this is stunning also dramatic those colours are awesome so is the image and design, excellent creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had a look through your blog, you have gorgeous creations in it, love your style

    ReplyDelete