About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 28 November 2011

Remembering George 10 years on


Those of you who regularly read my blog will know that I am a Beatles fan. Of the four of them George has always been my favourite and the 29th of November will be the tenth Anniversary of his passing from this world. I created the card above to stand in my home in his honour. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this image but I won't be about as I will be busy in Liverpool taking part in the events that have been planned to remember George and celebrate his life and music. 

I guess there is only one thing left to say and that is Thank you George - for the music and for all the friends I have made over the years due to a shared admiration for you as a musician, a film producer and a humanitarian. I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card Alli, It is a really nice tribute to someone who you obviously admired.

    love Bex xx

    ReplyDelete