About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Recipe Card


Here's the card I have designed using the recipe over at http://diecutdreams.blogspot.com - 4flowers, 3 gems and 2 brads. The paper topper and greeting are all from a selection of free papers from Making Cards Magazine, designed by Nancy Watt. The glitter paper was from a pad I received as a part of a prize from teh same magazine. The silver roses were recycled from an old Christmas decoration the ribbon, brads and feather were from my stash and the pearls I made using pearl paint.

This was a really quick and easy card to make. I have recently discovered pearl paint and now make my own gems using it, I started by making the three gems just squeezing blobs of the paint directly onto my craft mat and leaving them to dry, they hold their shape and once dry just peel off the mat and can then be stuck to the card. I find it really versatile and it comes in so many colours.

Whilst the pearls were drying i trimmed a piece of the green glitter paper to just smaller than the A5 card blank I had chosen to use, I used a black card blank to make the glitter paper really stand out. I trimmed the pink backing paper, and matted it onto the green glitter paper to leave a thin border all the way round. I cut the topper and greeting by hand and then mounted these onto green glitter paper and trimmed again to leave a narrow border.

the border panel of green glitter was cut so that it overlapped the pink paper in the base panel and then a strip of pink paper was cut long enough to wrap around the base panel and wide enough to leave a green glitter edging. I used a piercing tool to make two holes in the pink border strip at equal distances from each end using the pattern on the paper as a guide, and then inserted the green brads before wrapping the pink strip around the base panel and fixing it at the back using double sided tape. The whole base panel was then fixed to the card blank using double sided tape.

I used glue gel to fix the topper and the greeting to the card to raise then slightly from the base, pushing the feather behind the topper and into the wet glue gel underneath. The flowers being metal were also stuck down using glue gel and a small ribbon bow was underneath the greeting. Finally once the pearls were dry I added these at the top right hand corner.

I enjoyed making this card as it has a fresh spring colour scheme and it gave me a nice break in between crafting Christmas Cards.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there

    Gorgeously blingy card, well done with our recipe. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

    Hugs Ali x

    I have a giveaway on my blog I would love you to take part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that vintage silhouette and fab bling!

    Thanks for joining in the recipe challenge at die cut dreams.. And good luck!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli,

    I really like the silhouette/cameo image - very striking.

    Pamela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    Chris & Debs xx

    ReplyDelete