where the challenge was to design a card using a Pink and Aqua colour scheme and also at http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com where the challenge was to design a card celebrating friendship in honour of national friendship day on June 8th.
I started from the basis of the lovely Dandelion stamp from inkylicious which also has the lovely sentiment stamp about friendship as part of the same set.
I coloured a piece of silk art card pink using distress ink in dusky rose and sprinkled a very small amount of cosmic shimmer mica pigment in rose hue. I then gave the card a very light spritz of water and brushed the ink and the pigment across the whole area using ink dusters to get a smooth finish. Whilst this was drying I ripped a piece of beige card roughly to the size of my folded A5 card and inked the edges using a promarker. I then used some cordinations card in pale pink that I had left over from a previous project to tear a smaller panel which I stuck to the beige card to form a panel on the lower third. The aqua panel was some foiled card stock I had in my stash which I edged using silver peel offs, and then stuck at an angle over the beige and pink card before wrapping the organza bow around the bottom part and adhering the panel to an A5 base card.
By this time the silk art card panel was dry and ready for stamping, I am fairly mew to stamping and heat embossing but wanted to emboss the dandelions in aqua. The only problem was I had gold black and clear embossing powder but no blue or aqua. Not to be deterred I mixed my own using clear embossing powder and 'Persian Sea' cosmic shimmer powder with some clear embossing powder in a small pot and using this.
Having stamped the image in silver ink and embossing it with my home made concoction I stuck it to a piece of corrugated card to add a little texture before adding the pears and the dragon fly (which is made using 2 peeloffs with a piece of velum sandwiched between)
I tried embossing the sentiment but it came out blotchy so I stamped another panel in black ink and decided against embossing it. both panels were then stuck to the base card using gel glue as to ensure a good bond and I added the three flowers just to balance the card.
It took me about 3 hours to make from start to finish including drying time and having to remake the sentiment panel.
All that's left now is for me to work out how to link it to the two challenge blogs and see if I get any feedback.
Well that's all for now whilst I go in search of new challenges...