About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Thursday 23 June 2011

I need 8 days a week

I have been really busy over the past few days and I am starting to feel like I need an extra day just to catch up on everything. 
Friday found me up to my ears in housework - I have to admit to being rather spoilt because whilst I work full time my husband is a full time domestic engineer having taken early retirement, he does all the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing and all the other stuff that gets in the way of crafting, but following a recent shoulder operation I am now having to try and fit all that into my busy crafting schedule.

Back in March I booked tickets for myself and friend and her daughter to go and see Ringo Starr play in Liverpool on the 18th of June, (being a huge Beatles fan it would have been un-natural not to). I booked the day before off work so I could get some crafting done, and then hubby had the operation and Friday saw me trying to make a birthday card for the friend who was visiting on Saturday, between hoovering, washing, ironing and dusting. This was after I had managed to get the numbers in her address muddled and sent the card I had made for her birthday in May to the wrong address - that'll teach me not to be clever and actually check my address book before posting things, I got all the right numbers just not necessarily in the right order. 

I managed to check out the latest challenge at  http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/ on Saturday morning but what with the concert which by the way was brilliant and has given me inspiration for one of the scrapbook layouts I need to complete for my paper craft certificate, and then going to see friends playing at the Cavern Club on Saturday night I didn't get chance to sit down and do anything with the sketch until last night and by the time I had finished it was too late to take a photo in natural light, so it had to wait until about an hour ago when I got in from work.

I made the card using a mixture of Papermainia and Dovecraft papers for the matting and layering and the    border trim and Oval mounts were cut from felt using my sizzix bigshot and nestibilities dies. I hadn't die cut felt before and am really pleased with the results. The cup cake is one of a number of toppers that I have from the Dovecraft range.  I have always liked brown and pink together and I think that colours work really well with the cup cake.

Anyway I'll let you judge for yourselves. Please feel free to leave feedback it is always appreciated.



1 comment:

  1. I love the colours you have put together and the cupcake designs are a particular favourite of mine too, an 8 day week sounds fantastic, all for that. Love Bex x

    ReplyDelete