About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 20 July 2015

Christmas in July at Ooh La La Creations

Hi Everyone, Once again thank you to everyone who entered our 'All That Glitters' Challenge there were some gorgeous entries and to see if made the top 3 please check the Ooh La La Challenge blog

Our theme this time is ....
Christmas in July

I know some people groan when Christmas is mentioned this early in the year but if you make something for this challenge that's one thing less to do nearer the big day.

I used the Shawn Jenkins CD to purchase your copy click on the image below.


I decided to try something a little different for this card so rather than printing off the lovely backing papers and matching topper, I just went to the embellishments folder on the CD. The lovely image of the ice skates is already there in the form of a bauble so I took that as my starting point.




In addition to the Ice skate bauble I also printed the snowflake bunting and the diamond patterned bunting. I added the letters to the diamond pattern bunting using my craft studio. I printed one topper from the Believe folder.

I cut out all the elements the two baubles in the background and the blue bow at top centre were cut from the Believe topper. I added glitter to the two baubles and bow and also added glitter to the ice skates.

I embossed white pearl card with a snow flake folder and then matted this onto white glitter card and a pale lilac pearl card.

I used strings of silver sequins to 'hang' the baubles, then added the bunting and the glittered bow across the top. I raided my die cut box to see what embellishments I had, the leaves flowers and snow flakes were all left over from last year's Christmas crafting and were cut using a mixture of Tattered Lace and Joanna Sheen dies. I then just played around with what I had until I was happy with the design The Happy Christmas Banner was one left over from a pack from about 5 years ago which I bought at 'Lakeland'. Once I was happy and all the flowers were stuck down I added Gem and pearl centres to finish.

I am entering this card into the following Challenges
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  Christmas in July
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra - Anything Goes
http://papercreatorscrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ _ Christmas in July
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Christmas/winter in July
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ -Christmas in July

12 comments:

  1. What a great use of all you re embellies......love it. Great colour combo too. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Alli, such a beautiful design and details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Allison, love what you've crea here nd I think I'll have to check out said embellishments folder as I always head straight for an image! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I really like all those embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this wintery card and those skates - Fabulous use of embellishments to highlight this card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and I need to use that image as I have a Marianne die of skates that would work so well with it.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, very cleverly put together, love all the details, thanks for playing along at The Paper Creator Christmas in July challenge, good luck, hugs,Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "Christmas in July" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever of you to use the embellishments to make such a fabulous card Alli. I would never have thought to do this! Your flower arrangement is beautiful too. I remember buying lots of crafty things at Lakeland! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
    You can find my candy here
    You can find my atc swap here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! Love the glitter and sparkle and all those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2. (Sorry I'm so late in commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi
    Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at CHCC
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-CHCC2

    ReplyDelete