About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 7 July 2014

Easel Card challenge at Ooh La La Creations

Good Morning every one and thank you so much for entering our last Let them eat Cake Challenge. To find out if you are the winner or in the top three go over to the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog.

This time we want to see all your Easel cards so without further ado here's mine


I used papers from the Shawn Jenkins collection CD these are from the Cupcake Cream folder. I matted the papers onto brown card. I also fussy cut one of the cupcakes from a topper to make the stopper inside the card. 

I love using the page curl papers from Ooh La La as they lend their selves so well to lining the base of easel cards and in this instance I used the page curl over another matching patterned paper. Because this card is intended for my grand- daughter who lives the other end of the country I have to post it so to cut down on teh bulk I actually did the layering of the page curl papers on the computer before printing so the base is just one layer of paper but because of the fabulous design of the paper it looks as though there are two layers.


The front of the card folded flat for posting. I added some clear glitter to the frosting on the cupcakes in the topper and a little button in the shape of a cupcake is the finishing touch.

2 comments:

  1. I love and easel card Ali and really pretty summery colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Allison, great use of the elements from the CD! That little buttonis just so cute too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete