About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 19 August 2013

Inspired by Song at Ooh La La Creations

Firstly huge thanks to everyone who entered our step back in time challenge last time you can see the winners on the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog. Whilst you are there please check out the fabulous designs by the ladies on the design team for the current challenge which I have chosen this time.

In honour of the first Liverpool International Music Festival which runs from the 17th of August I have chosen as our theme inspired by song.

I know  anyone who regularly reads my blog knows that I am a Beatles fan and George is my favourite so I couldn't resist creating this card in honour of George. Especially as he would have been 70 years old this year and the Internation Beatles week ( which is running alongside the International Music Festival) is honouring him with a special concert for his birthday..



As soon as I saw this image on the Dreams of Tranquillity CD it reminded me of a sunrise so what else could I choose but 'Here Comes The Sun' 

I kept to the sunrise theme by using papers from the CD printed in soft lemons and peaches to make an Art Deco style background with the sunburst. Each panel was cut and distressed before being mounted onto black card and cut out to be assembled on an 8x8 card. 



The image was also mounted onto black card and I picked out some of the flowers and shrubs on the image with flower soft to give texture and a 3D effect.

I added some butterflies punched out of black card and a greeting panel which is a quote which George used when he was speaking to fans after he had been attacked in 1999 he actually followed up the  quote with the line 'And you better believe it folks'  I added a little lotus blossom that I had made out of punched flowers to the bottom corner of the sentiment.

I am entering the card in the following challenges 
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything but a birthday card 
http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Inspired by song - Here Comes The Sun



6 comments:

  1. such a lovely card,so much thought behind the inspiration
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant song choice for a fabulous card Alli. I love the way you have done that son! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW beautiful card and lovely song! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty gorgeous scene lovely design & B/flys..

    Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely theme, hope you're enjoying the music festival. That sun behind your image is perfect, love it
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and lovely theme.

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete