About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 6 August 2012

OLL DT Oriental Challenge

Hello, after what seems to have been the longest weekend I have ever had to work but I have fathomed that I only have six working days left now before my summer break. Which I am really looking forward to. 

Once again we had some fabulous creations for the last recipe challenge and the worthy winners can be seen on this mornings blog post right before the latest challenge at Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog 

Anne has challenged us to produce something with an Oriental theme and for me this meant cherry blossoms here is my card.


The gorgeous image is from the Teentastique CD as are the backing papers and the happy birthday sentiment. I mounted the Cherry blossom paper onto pink pearlised card and then added a strip of pink patterned paper to one edge. The sentiment and the image were mounted on blue peralised card and secured to the base card.

I used a 'Kreasions' die to create the Orchid which was cut from pearlised paper and inked using distress ink whilst they were still in the die. I also used 'Kreasions' dies for the leaves which again were inked whilst still in the die. 



I used a small flower punch to punch out all the Cherry blossoms from a piece of pink paper and then stuck each one individually onto the card, before adding the centres using pearlised paint.



I am entering this card in the following Challenges 
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes linky party 


5 comments:

  1. Wow Alli this is stunning that image is breathtaking so are the papers, colours and design that blossom looks fantastic, superb card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ali this is stunning, love all the little blosson flowers and the orchid looks so real
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is soo beautiful! I love the tiny blossoms and the colours.
    Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colours Ali. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning oriental card...love the tiny blossoms and DP with that gorgeous image. Caught you on MIM. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete