About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Saturday 31 December 2011

Recycling

Well this will be the last post on my Blog for 2011, Thank you to everyone who has commented on my work over the past few months and I look forward to keeping in touch with you all in 2012. I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year brings you all you hope for.

I have been busy recycling bits and pieces in my card making this week starting with this card made from a section of pretty wrapping paper


The beads and metal embellishments on the card are from old bits of Jewellery that I have picked up in Charity shops and the flowers were from an old head band.
I just used the embellishments to make the central butterfly on the wrapping paper stand out.

I also put all the family gift tags to good use once the Christmas presents had been opened this year. I was able to make 15 Christmas cards towards next year's tally, all the backing papers and greetings were left overs and off cuts from this years Christmas crafting frenzy, and working on these also served to fill the moments when the Christmas TV hits rock bottom and there's nothing worth watching


All that leaves me to do is wish everyone a Happy New Year and I'll see you on the flipside
Alli xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Alli, great minds think alike! I have just uploaded a post with the exact same paper. It is absolutely gorgeous isn't it. I like the way you have used yours on the card and added the lovely embellishments x

    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you have been busy - love that butterfly bling!

    ReplyDelete