About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Making a Match at Fab n Funky

Firstly huge thanks to everyone who entered our Christmas in July Challenge last time. There were some absolutely stunning entries. You can see the winners chosen by Anne-Marie over on the Fab N Funky Challenge blog. 

This time Shirley is challenging you to 'Make it a Set' so a matching card and envelope, a set of cards, matching card and tag, you get the idea.

This week you have three times the luck of winning a wonderful prize! That's right this week we have three wonderful sponsors. 







and


Here is what I made using the Baby Birdie set from Doodle Pantry 


This particular set comes with a boy and girl baby birdie image and the appropriate sentiments.
I printed the little girl birdie onto white card along with the three sentiments.

I used my spectrum Noirs and Promarkers to colour the images as follows.
Feathers TN1, TN2, TN3, and on the wings and tail TN4
Beak - GB3
The hat and bow PP1, PP2, and CR1
The Nest - TN4, TN5, GB6, Henna. Cinnamon

I also used PP1 to colour the sentiments and rattle on the card
TN2 for the sentiment on the gift bag and the rattle handler

I made the bag from Kraft Paper that has a lovely textured finish and added a piece of backing paper from my stash before sticking the image and the sentiment to it. I finished the image and the sentiment with a border of pink pearls made using a pearl pen.

Teh card is a 6x6 Kraft blank with a piece of backing paper and then a strip of pink pearl paper that has been punched along the edge using a Martha Stewart punch and a strip of the Kraft paper I used for the bag that has been wrapped with a thin strip of pink lace.

I added the image again a border of pink pearls has been added using the pearl pen. The rattle and the sentiments. To finish the card I added two little bells and a pink organza polka dot ribbon bow.

I am entering this project into the following challenges 

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! Fabulous set.
    Did you use a paper bag for the bag? Looks great.


    Huggsss,Angelique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the bag from some textured kraft paper Alli x

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet image, perfect for making crafty sets! Love your bag with the bear, supercute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Love the bag and matching card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely welcome Alli. Love this bag, it looks like felt even though it is Kraft paper. Those birds are adorable, I so like the Doodle Pantry images! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. just too cute Allie - I love that little bear peeking out hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable! So glad you shared your talents at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete