About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 8 July 2013

Ebony and Ivory - with Ooh La La Creations

Once again we had some wonderful entries for our last challenge and Dawn had a really difficult job selecting the top three - you can pop over to the challenge blog to see her choices. So this week it is Lorraine's turn to chose the theme for the next fortnight at the Ooh La La Creations Challenge blog. She has come up with Ebony and Ivory - and apart from the fact it has resulted in me singing the flippin' song in my head all day it also inspired me to come up with this really simple easel card.

Made using the Femme Fatale CD from Ooh La La creations 



I started with a 6x6 card blank and folded the front in half to form the easel. I then cut two panels of backing paper which was mounted onto black card and these were stuck to the two halves if the front of the card keeping the fold line clear.  I used the same backing paper on the inside of the card and layered this onto black holographic card and white mirror card before sticking to the base of the card.

By adding the extra layers of card to the backing paper it weights the front of the card so that it doesn't  tip over when the easel is opened.

I decoupaged the image from the CD, I stuck the base layer to black card and then cut all the way round her before adding the layers of the waistcoat, top hat and gift. I also printed another base layer which I cut using a Marianne star die, I then layered it onto a star cut using the largest dies in the set and used this as a guide for positioning the decoupage figure with her legs and head outside the star outline.

Once happy with this I stuck her to the easel making sure that she would sit above the line of the fold when the card was opened.

I printed the two greetings and die cut these and several other stars using the same dies set. The Happy birthday was layered onto a black holographic and a white mirror card star with each one at a slightly different angle and these were then stuck to the side of the card.

The other greeting was stuck to the base of the card as a stopper for the easel and a further star cut from black holographic card was layered over this.


To finish off I added clear star shaped gems to the front of the card and added a black velvet brad.

I am entering this card into the following challenges 



13 comments:

  1. Very chic Alli, monochromatic colours always look so smart.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very stylish hat Alli. Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Ali and a lovely hat too, don't know how she can walk in those shoes though. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fold and design on this card Alli. The image is great - like the stars and bp too.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday D?T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! What a great card this would make for my show bizzy Grand daughters. Must get this CD. Thanks for the inspiration Alli.
    Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card Alli and so different. Love the monochrome colour combo.Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess (GD). x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card and I like your monochromatic look. Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very stylish card and great in mono.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super easel card, loving the style with the top hat. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fun, fun, fun. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Alli, a great card and image.
    Sueb xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fancy card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Crazy Challenge!

    Mei
    CCH DT
    Love to Create DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Alli, love the top hat, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x OOh and Happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete