About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 1 July 2013

First Dance

Having had a trawl of some of my favourite blogs I found that, I could combine a few challenges.





 I decided to go with Allsorts challenge blog for the colour theme as they are doing lavender and lace, I added some cotton lace and doily to the design as well. Over at Totally Papercrafts the theme was wedding  and CD Sunday have chosen Dance as their theme and this reminded me that on the Debbi Moore Deco Wedding CD there was a lovely image of a couple dancing, I printed this off in the lavender colour scheme from the CD and printed off the matching backing papers.


Tuesday Throwdown were asking for glitz and glimmer so I used Centura Pearl white with a hint of gold to create my card blank, as this has a lovely subtle shimmer to it. I also added a thin layer of stickles iridescent glitter to the top layer of my decoupage and the brides veil.

 Crafty Catz and are featuring flowers in their current challenge so I printed off the flowers from the Debbi Moore CD onto velum and then cut the various sizes and layered them up adding pearl centres.

I added some leaves and branches which were cut from the off cuts of the card stock I used for the card blank.

I used my tattered Lace winter floral dies to cut the leave and branches and then coloured them using a promarker.




During the design of the card i ran into a bit of a problem as I didn't have any in the right colour. I tried using white from my stash but the threading on the lace was lost and the lace didn't stand out enough when layered on white ribbon. I just used the same promarker as I had for the leaves and branches and coloured the white ribbon from my stash to match.


Delicious doodles were asking for a charm to be added and so I added the heart charm and the string of pearls.

Finally the challenge at sister act is Anything goes - so I figured that the card fit their challenge as well.



The finishing touches to the card were the inserts which again feature a paper from the Deco wedding CD by Debbi Moor that I have added faux embossing to via my graphics programme.

Edit - following a lovely comment from Anna on this blog having posted it initially a few hours ago I am taking her up on her invite and joining in at C is For Challenge - where the theme for their very first challenge is flowers.

So these are the Challenges I am entering

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Lavender and Lace
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes
http://cisforchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Flowers
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - say it with Flowers
http://cdsundaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Dance
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - use a charm
http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/ - glitz and glimmer
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ - June Bride and Groom

20 comments:

  1. THis is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Alli, this is GORGEOUS. You have put a lot of thought in creating this and it is perfect for so many challenges.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Ali, and great that you could combine it with other challenges. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a very elegant and very unusual card, it's beautiful. I would like to invite you to join my new challenge blog http://cisforchallenge.blogspot.com/ and the first challenge, which is 'Flowers'. It would be a great pleasure for me.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Ali and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts challenge this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you've certainly done your research this week and catered for lots of challenges. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for making CD Sunday one of your chosen challenges.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely card creation! Just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by Tuesday Throwdown to enter - good luck on the draw - we have a new challenge tomorrow! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work love all the detailing.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, how pretty is this. I love all the pearls and sparkle.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alli you have created a work of art......stunning!!!! I love the delicate lavender and a clever idea using promarkers to colour the ribbon. Great job!! Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.

    Wynn x
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to thank you that you entered my new challenge blog 'C... is for Challenge'. Thank you for your trust and I wish you good luck in the draw!
    Hugs from Poland,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Alli...this is stunning. Beautifully designed with lovely detail. Love the colours too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is quite delightful Alli and just perfect for our theme this week.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely special wedding card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “add a charm”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely combination of challenges Alli and in such beautiful colours. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning card, beautiful colours and choices. a card to be overwhelmed with and to treasure. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a gorgeous card Alli, I love the colours too !, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete