About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 4 March 2013

Welcome to the World Brandan James

At 14:30 hours on 3rd of March 2013 hours My lovely stepdaughter presented her dad and I with our 4th grand child. Weighing in at either six pounds seven ounces or six pounds nine ounces (granddad took the call to tell us and was so excited he can't actually remember which). Both Mum and Baby are doing well and are now back home.

I of course had to make a special card and here it is


All the papers are from Ooh La La Creations CDs as is the bunting and the two little ticket tags. I cut the paper into panels and backed them with silver mirror card before layering up. I added lots of different textures with ribbons, scraps of fabric and by glittering the stork with stickles. Card candi, faux pearls and vintage buttons added the finishing touches.
Below are some close ups of the design elements on the front of the card 





Inside the card I again used papers from Ooh La La Creations CD's 


The little 'ribbons' on the bunting on the inside are also from the Ooh La La everyday occasions CD and it took me ages to cut them all out.



 The greetings strip was mounted on silver mirror card which was edged using a Martha Stewart Punch.


All that remains to be added is our message on the die cut circle.

I am entering this card in the  following challenges
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - banners
http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/ - buttons and bows
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Pastel Colours
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ use your favourite colour - blue
http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes linky party

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Alli wonderful news perfect weight and a lovely name glad to hear both are doing well and back home and your card is amazing absolutely beautiful
    hugs
    Wendi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby card that's sure to be treasured. Congrats on the birth of your new Grandson....a wonderful time for all.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card!!! And congrats!!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Baby Boy card Alli, love the bunting and stork, so adorable and beautiful with the mirror card..fabulous design.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable baby card! So cute!

    Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. You have put such a lot of work into it.

    Well done

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. You have put such a lot of work into it.

    Well done.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete