About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

A touch of Deco

I have always loved the geometric motifs of Art Deco design and so was delighted to see that the All Sorts Challenge bog this week was all about Deco. My Sister-in-laws birthday is coming up and she is also into Art Deco pride of place in her living room is a gorgeous Art Deco mirror so this gave me the idea for a card to celebrate her special day.


I decided to use the Debbi Moore Deco Delights CD and as it was designed to work with the Deco embossing board from the Glitter Girls that was pressed into service too (pun fully intended) Because Deco is all about glamour I had some lovely deep blue glitter card and blue mirror card in my stash and decided to add gold for a truly decadent feel.



I chose the image from the CD and printed it onto white card then cut her out. I embossed the panels using the guides on the board and decided on this shape. The front and back of the card are joined by tiny folding tabs at the top and the bottom so that it stands up. Because the card doesn't open I added a plain white panel to the back for us to write on.



I also added the Deco corner motif at the base of the rear panel. To finish the card I added the small feathers and flowers to the lady's hat and shoulder.




For the lid of the box I embossed a white mirror card panel to frame the gold panel and printed the greetings using the computer and a font called Broadway which has a lovely Deco look to it. I added the embossed corners and gems and feathers and a single flower.


I also added the embossed diamond motif to the sides of the box lid and added more crystal gems. I added a lining to the box and the lid using one of the matching backing papers from the CD and highlighted the centre of the motifs with gems and added gold embossed corners. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges 

http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/ - What's in your basket - make something dimensional - the box 
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - anything but square 



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful art deco creation Alli! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect image and card for our theme this week Alli.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art deco type image! love the colours too! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this time, hugs Samantha : 0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love the gold and the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful - gorgeous design and colours and a really elegant card.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! So cool!!! Thanks for participating in our Penny's Paper Crafty challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete