About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Thursday 7 March 2013

New dies

Having been away for a couple of days I arrived home yesterday afternoon to find an envelope from crafts u love waiting on the door mat for me. I knew exactly what was inside and - I had pre ordered one of the new Marianne fan dies a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't wait to have a play.


I cut six of the lacy panels from white card and then backed these with red card cut with the plain panel die in the pack. The little robins were taken from a set of gift tags in my Christmas card recycling bag. They had the robins on the branch added over the top of a flat image of the robins. I carefully peeled off the toppers to leave the image underneath and cut 6 of these using the die as a template to get the right size. I then arranged the fan slats and used a pretty pearl brad to fasten them together at the bottom. spread them out and then stuck them in the open position onto a card stand. I then added the robin toppers that I had previously removed from the gift tags to 3 of the panels and added a ribbon bow tied from bright scarlet ribbon to the end panel and a greeting fussy cut from another card in the recycling bag across the middle. I am really pleased with the effect and can see me making a lot of fan shaped cards in the future. I have some Victorian style decoupage scraps in my stash and I have a feeling these will work really well with the shape, plus because they are on quite thin paper it will enable me to make a working fan, which will open and close.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.

http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  bingo challenge I chose not square, pearls (the brad) and ribbons

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/- ribbons
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes

5 comments:

  1. gosh you was quick off the mark with this one Ali, I've only just managed to get around to cutting one fan
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely fan dies - very attractive creation.
    I am so sorry that I got behind with commenting, so this is very late - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous fan!!! It is so pretty and I love that you used recycled robins...very clever!! THANKS for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge!
    Hugs,
    Chris
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really great.Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Many greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Great take on the ABC Christmas "Bingo" challenge. We have another new one today: F is for Felt or Fabric. We hope you can play along again soon.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete