About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Cute Critters at Fab n Funky

Wow we really did get a huge amount of entries during our Birthday fortnight and the winners have been posted on the Fab n Funky Challenge Blog.

This week the theme is 'Cute Critters' and our sponsor is The stamp Fairy




Who are offering a fab prize of a $10 voucher to spend in 
The StampFairy shop

I used one of their images Lionel to create my card.


The background was really simple and I used a pale blue paper from Dovecraft to create the sky and a dark brown paper to create the ground and these were stuck onto a 6x6 card blank. The leave at the top of the card were cut out from a piece of dark green mottled paper I had printed off from one of my CD roms and I used an embossing folder and then cut the leaves out and gathered them in clumps across the top of the top of the card.

Lionel was coloured using promarkers in Buttercup, Mustard and sandstone with blush for his nose.
His crown was coloured using a Sakura twinkling Gold pen and the rubies were done using a Sakura glaze pen in Christmas red.

I added a few die cut leaves and a computer generated sentiment. The card is destined for a male friend and although Lionel comes with a large bone he has been chewing on the original stamp I cut this off as my friend is vegetarian and may not appreciate a card with raw meat depicted on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Alli - I love your "foliage" - he looks a real king one the jungle hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete