About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Saturday 17 October 2015

Halloween Treats at My Sheri Crafts

I am absolutely delighted to have been asked to join the team as guest designer for this weeks challenge. It's all about creating treats or bags for Halloween cute or scary it is up to you. for more inspiration go to the My Sheri Crafts Blog 

So here is my project


Front 


back

 I don't really do Halloween but having scrapped some photos of the grand children from last year I had some lovely Graphic 45 papers called 'Once Upon an Eerie Tale' in my stash. I also had a few foam shapes so I used these to make two panels which I then stuck to the front and back of a plain white bag. I added some dangling bead and charm embellishments that I made from old bits of Jewellery that I had found in local charity shops.

The small 'Day of the Dead' skull was made from a plastic tree ornament from my local supermarket it had blue LED lights inside so I just used some decopatch papers from my stash to cover it.

Below is a close up of the panels for the bag


 Front 


Back

 I will fill it with small packs of sweets to be offered to any little ones who knock on our door on the night.

3 comments:

  1. I love this little treat bag! Love the gorgeous paper! Thanks for joining us as GD at My Sheri Crafts! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us as our guest designer over at myshericrafts this fortnight. I so love Graphic 45 papers I just find it so hard to use them up lol.
    You did a great job, love your embelishments.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful treat bag! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete