About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Little bit of Ooh La La

 I found out on Monday that I had passed my Diploma in Professional Crafting, as part of the work I have done towards it I used a lot of the DT work I do for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge blog and have had huge support from the owners of Ooh La La whilst I have been completing projects for the Diploma. Now I am not frantically typing up evidence for the Diploma I have a bit more time on my hands and as such when Wendi at Ooh La La sent me a sneak preview of some of the images that she was thinking of including on the new CD she is working  on I couldn't wait to get started making cards with them. So here is a sneak preview of the what you can expect on the new CD as always beautifully drawn images and co-ordinating backing papers. You will be able to purchase it from the Ooh La La Creations website once it is ready.


This image is called 'Saucy with Cat' it comes in full colour as well as this version with only the clothing coloured. As soon as I saw it it immediately made me thing of Paris and the 1930's and as such it was perfect for a birthday card for a friend of mine.


I used backing papers that will be part of the collection on the CD and as all the papers are not yet finished (I told you this was a sneak preview) I also supplemented these with some papers from the All Dressed Up CD. The papers from the All Dressed up CD were cut with a Tim Holtz tattered flowers die and layered up with and given the stickles treatment. I also added a grey organza ribbon bow and an Eiffel Tower charm that I spotted on a necklace in a charity shop yesterday whilst out shopping.

the charm reflects the die cut Eiffel Tower that I added to the card. This was cut using a Marianne designable die. I also added die cut leaves and flourishes. The tower and the leaves were coloured black and then given two coats of black nail polish to give them a sheen. The flourishes were dipped in black glitter. I also added two jewelled pins the beads again being rescued from a charity shop necklace.

The pins are really easy to make, I just put a thin coat of glossy accents on the pin before pushing the beads up and it holds the beads in place.


The sentiment panels were just printed out on the computer and to keep with the French theme I used 'gigi' font. I then just cut these out and mounted them on backing paper trimming to leave a thin border.




The inside of the card was lined with another of the backing papers from the new CD  




 On the left had panel I added a die cut circle of the main image with a little polka dot bow.


On the right hand panel I added another of the die cut flowers and two of the small toppers from the new CD.



 I am entering the card in the following challenges.
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ Linky Party - Anything Goes 

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love the colours and that image is lovely! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alli I am so pleased that you got your diploma it is so well deserved as your work is always top notch just like this stunning creation which definitely has the WOW and OOH LA LA factors, the design, image and embellishments are awesome.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ! fabulous card with pretty papers and loads of wonderful embellishing . Thanks for sharing on make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow fabulous, thanks for playing along with our Anything goes challenge at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful card saw it in MIM and hopped over for a closer look,loving the French theme and the colours are so pretty and its completed to perfection on all sides fab ! x
    #63 #159

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Card!!!Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I love the inside as well. Thanks for joining our AG challenges at Penny's PaperCrafty this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. Great design. I like the colors and those flowers are so beautiful. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic card which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its really hard to give them away! And they look super fabulous. It's time for me to order some more. Hope things are wonderful. Great post, I have gain so much from it. Its informative for my business Plastic card Printing . thanks for sharing it with us.hope you provide more info on this subject.looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alli,
    wow hunni this is fabulous. No wonder you passed!! I love that image too and love the way you have used it here. Loving the colour combo too. How do you cut out your "stamp images" so neatly??? Mine never look that good.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete