About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

It's that time of year again.

I have finally started on making the Christmas cards for friends and family, and have found I am tending towards vintage styles in my cards this year.


The card above started with the lovely Santa and Snowman topper from hunky dory, Night Before Christmas range, I aged it by rubbing the edge with scissors and inking it using Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink in tea stain to colour the edges. The striped, dotted and music score papers are Hot of the Press Forever Christmas Card designs and these were torn and inked with the same ink to give an aged effect. The small square, and border of Merry Christmas Paper is from the Vivigade Stockholm selection which again was torn and inked and the border strip was given the lace effect using a Martha Stewart Border punch.

The doily is from Wild Orchid Crafts and this was rubbed with the tea stain ink and copper ink from stamp it up to give the effect. The floral arrangement is made up of holly leaves that I cut done from some old silk flower leaves I had in my stash and these have been given three coats of glossy accents to give them the texture of real holly leaves. The Poinsettia came out of my stash, the roses and rose leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts and these were aged slightly using the tea stain dye and then had a very light frosting of glitter added. The Pearls were left overs from another card I have made recently, and the pine branches are from Craft Planet children's crafting. The greeting is again from hunky dory and the ribbon is from cART.

Having made this card I have decided to enter it into the following Challenges.

http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2011/10/challenge-119-vintage.html
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/10/week-35-santa-claus-is-coming-to-town.html

4 comments:

  1. Wow! this is beautiful. I love the vintage image and those flowers with the pine leaves and pearl stems are gorgeous !!! Stunning card.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT Challenge this week
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I love your gorgeous flower arrangement!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage Christmas card, love the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful!
    Lovely details!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete